BNM released the monthly report of February 2021:
BNM February 2021 Report: Two people were killed in more than 100 operations and raids, 23 people were forcibly disappeared, 150 houses were looted and set on fire, two schools were turned into military camps, and dozens of cattle were looted.
Dil Murad Baloch, Central Secretary Information, Baloch National Movement, while releasing a detailed report on Pakistan’s war crimes and other heinous acts in Balochistan in February 2021, said that the barbarism of the occupying state continued unabated in the month of February 2021.
In February, Pakistani forces looted and burned more than 150 homes in more than 100 operations and raids. Meanwhile, 23 people went missing. Azam son of Dawood, who was arrested and forcibly disappeared from Greshag area of Khuzdar on June 13, 2020 and was released on January 12, 2021, was re-arrested and transferred to Khuzdar Jail. The army captured two schools and turned them into military camps. Twenty four missing persons were retrieved from Pakistani forces’ dungeons.
Dil Murad Baloch further said that in the month of February, many areas including Bolan, Kohlu, Sibi, Harnai, Nagaho, Awaran, Mashkai, Jhaoo were under military barbarism. In Kohlu, a large number of women and children were released after being tortured in custody.
He said that Balochistan is an occupied and war-torn area. In such areas, international organizations, especially the United Nations, should play a key role, as the various nations have unanimously adopted the United Nations for the same purpose. Thus, the United Nations must first get information and intervene directly on every issue, including the political, economic, social and geographical of all nations in the world. This voice should be doubled for Baloch or other oppressed and downtrodden nations.
He said that Pakistan was openly committing barbarism and war crimes in Balochistan by considering the silence of international organizations as an exception. If the international community had not been content with a policy of silence in this regard, the humanitarian crisis in Balochistan would not have been so severe. We have been trying to bring Pakistan’s war crimes and Baloch genocide before the world through our reports and other sources in various forums and have given complete information. But the silence of responsible international organizations is becoming a clear reason of Baloch national genocide.
Dil Murad Baloch said that on the one hand Pakistan was rescuing a few people who had been locked up in torture chambers for a long time but on the other hand people were being picked up and disappeared in a large scale. We believe that in view of the intensification of the struggle of Voice for Baloch Missing Persons and their families, Pakistan has released a few people as a precautionary measure so that this series of protests does not go out of control. Protest camps and sit-ins by the families of the forcibly disappeared in Islamabad were also a series of sit-ins, which were once again made with false promises to stop or quell the protests. In addition, several Baloch youths were forcibly disappeared from Islamabad for supporting the protest and were mentally tortured and released after being threatened to stay away from the protest.
"On the one hand, the Pakistani government is declaring enforced disappearances a serious crime and a horrific situation. On the other hand, we have observed that legislation on enforced disappearances has been rejected in the Pakistani parliament itself," he said.